Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Research methods

Assessment Task 1 - Blog 3 - Reflection of my research process.
Hannah Howley
Due Date - May 08 2009

During the past few months I have been doing a lot more in depth research and analysis than I would normally be doing. The territory in which I have been entering is very foreign and intense and it has been very hard to get amongst it with ease. It has been quite a struggle with APA referencing and locating information that is of good quality. Although I enjoy using wikipedia, it is hard to use it for everything I need to find with out having things repeated. I find it quite hard to collate a lot of the information that I am finding with having to reference everything I write.

However, I have learnt a few good ways of interpreting and understanding a research related question.

It is important to be able to break down the question into smaller parts and research it with a more narrowed down approach, trying to locate the qualitative aspect of the question and the quantitative aspect.

With regards to our collaborative research assignment we are working on at the moment, our question ( Felicity, you will no) is to do with chronic pain and massage. As of late I have been researching about chronic pain itself and how it comes about and the influences of it. This has helped me understand my question a lot more and brings me to my point of breaking down the question to find an easier approach of researching it.

I have also learnt that with researching, brainstorming ideas of your own help to make the question more comprehensive and you get a better understanding of what you are looking for and what you will find.

All and all, it is a very interesting process and takes a lot more time to get the quality information that you need to create a believable product.

1 comment: